Working alongside other caring professionals, Scripture Union QLD Chaplains (SU QLD) care for young people’s social, emotional and spiritual needs through pastoral care, activity programs, community outreach SU holiday camps and adventure-based learning. The position is assisted through funding from the National School Chaplaincy and Student Welfare Program (NSCSWP) and community and church fundraising donations.
Most importantly, SU QLD Chaplains provide a personal point of Christian contact, care and support for students, teachers and their families within their schools, as we aim to ‘bring hope to a young generation’.
Areas of Operation:
- Provide pastoral care, personal, social, emotional and spiritual support for students, staff and parents of the school community
- To work closely with the Student Support Services within the school, to nurture and care for students
- Participate in school camps, excursions, sports days, speech nights, form meetings, assemblies, school committees
- Public prayer at formal school functions
- Participate in Life Skills/Personal Development programs
- Participate and help with school sporting teams
- Network with support services, local Christian churches and other agencies and organizations in the local community to provide a broad range of support services to the school community.
The views expressed herein do not necessarily represent the views of the Australian Government Department of Education.
This project was funded by the Australian Government Department of Education under the National School Chaplaincy and Student Welfare Program.